Wednesday, 21 September 2011

How much do UK Universities contribute to UK Economic Growth?

My attempt to answer this question.

Universities undertake two major tasks: teaching and research (the third being the
administration required to manage these processes). There are then at least two
possible mechanisms whereby these tasks affect economic growth.
a. Teaching. More skilled students raises the human capital of the workforce
and so growth.
b. Research. New knowledge spills over to other sectors, raises their
knowledge capital and so leads to new products, services, methods of
production etc.
This note attempts to quantify these effects.

6 comments:

  1. Universities in canada - Universities in canada has one of the world’s finest education systems with high quality standards. An Universities in canada offers you a high quality education in a friendly and welcoming environment for a reasonable cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!
    Dissertation Writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website wants rather more consideration. I’ll in all probability be again to learn rather more, thanks for that info.


    Nail Arrow Point Scissor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for sharing this nice and informative post, This posts shows your efforts that how do you cover any topic research. I really like your blog because your blog has updated posts on different current issues. I would request you to keep sharing your thoughts.
    college essays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog.
    essay help

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no words to describe this beautifully written article. Good job, keep it up! Dissertation Writer UK

    ReplyDelete